2023/03/05

Timarli sipahis - finished unit

My Ottoman Army project was on hold for a long time. But at the beginning of this year I finally painted a new Ottoman unit.



Timarli sipahis were crucial in the Ottoman military as a hard hitting, mobile and numerous cavalry arm. They made the backbone of the horse troops of the Turkish armies in battle. The term "Timar" is a land property which they get for their service. Representing their historical role, sipahis are also useful troops in wargaming systems, so it is good to have a plenty of sipahi units in your miniature Ottoman army.





2 comments:

  1. I really like these, you have done a great job. I am looking forward to seeing this Ottoman Army progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have other projects now, but surely there will be posts on the blog about any progress with the Ottomans. Next I will write a battle report about our last game, when we fought a Habsburg vs Ottoman encounter from the time of the Long Turkish war with nearly 500 figures.

      Delete