2026/08/28

Rush to Mohács

In the last few days before our Mohács game, I desperately tried to finish as many figures as I could.

One of them was Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent. The padishah is guarded by two solaks. The solaks were elite Janissaries who could fire a bow with either their left or right hand. This allowed them to surround and protect the sultan without ever having their backs to him.





Bali bey, the commander of the akinji reconnaissance detachment



Behram pasha, the commander, of the Army of Anatolia


Also I painted some guns for the Army of Rumelia. Süleyman detached some 4000 janissaries and 150 guns to the Army of Rumelia from the Kapikulu to create a combined arms vanguard. When they arrived to the battlefield a line of guns was formed (like a grand battery) around the village of Földvár, which later became the epicentre of the fighting. This amount of artillery was truly massive for the time (Wellington had only 150 guns in his 80,000-strong army at Waterloo).

The guns are 3D printed and the gunners are converted from Old Glory Ottoman spearmen and Hungarian handgunner miniatures.








No comments:

Post a Comment