2024/09/01

Italian Allied Light Cavalry - finished unit

 The lack of cavalry was a constant problem for my Republican Roman army during the games. Last year I managed to paint some Roman Equites medium cavalry, but according to the army list it is compulsory to have light cavalry too. So the light cavalry was always installed by an another player. But this time I could paint my very own light cavalry contingent.

The figures are from Victrix's "Greek Light Cavalry" set, which seemed to be the only suitable option for Italian cavalry. I made the figures looking more 'Italalian' by giving them specific heads and helmets. One of the two units I have finished is a northern Italian (~Etruscan) with monterfortino type and Etruscan pot-helmets and the other is a southern Italian with Apulo-Corinthian and Samnite helmets.

Horsemen in Etruscan type pot-helmets








No comments:

Post a Comment